Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A note to my readers

An anonymous comment generated by my recent post Tricky Mittens prompts me to write this note to my readers. And because it came on the heels of another bizarre interaction (see below), I'm breaking with my policy of ignoring the trolls.

Dear readers:

Thank you very much for stopping by and reading The Little Grape. The views expressed in all posts on this blog are my own, and as the blog's subheading suggests, I tackle a variety of topics. Because 2012 is an election year, and I feel strongly about the candidates and issues, I write about politics from time to time.

If you believe I've made a factual error in a post, please send me an email or leave a comment to the post in question. If you can cite a reputable source, I'll gladly print a correction and/or apology.

However, I make no apologies for, or secret of, my politics. If you don't like my opinions, you are most welcome to leave a comment expressing your dissent. I'll publish all civil comments, regardless of viewpoint. You all, my valued readers, are every bit as entitled to your opinions as I am to mine.

But if the viewpoints of one mom/writer make you apoplectic enough to call me unprintable names, and do so anonymously, you're probably best advised to seek content elsewhere on the Internet.

I stand by my (wholly unoriginal) assertion that Mr. Romney's tax returns contain something (or many things) that wouldn't play well with the American public. My twelve guesses as to what could be in the Romney returns are just that: my  guesses, based on voracious reading of the news and commentary, including much written by several respected right-leaning writers.

Finally, I also respectfully request that the person or persons who subscribe to this blog and vent their frustrations with my viewpoints to my male parent: Please knock it off.  I'm a grown up, and not a newly minted one at that. If you don't like what I'm writing, kindly have the spine to say it to me directly.

My father is a class act. He's been a tremendous source of inspiration and support during my midlife career change. He would never presume to tell me what to write (or not write), even if he disagrees with my perspectives. And for that I am deeply grateful.



No comments:

Post a Comment